Now Hiring a Paraplanner/ Financial Planning Specialist in Maple Grove, MN Office
Looking for a career with purpose at a firm that wants you to be you and have a life outside of work?
Are you looking for a career that is changing lives? Do you want to work on a team that values you for your contributions and your unique skills? Do you love work, but don’t want to take it home with you because you know a healthy work/life balance is important and want to work with professionals who feel the same way?
We’re looking for a ParaPlanner/Financial Planning Specialist to join our team in our Minneapolis office. You will work collaboratively with our families and planners focused on good outcomes and happy clients, not just billable hours and investable assets. We establish long-lasting relationships with our clients and sit with our clients through life’s ups and downs. We are there when they need us most – if they’re just starting out in their first jobs, or if they’ve been retired for years – and everything in between. We encourage our clients to discover and live their best lives and we want the same for you. We want you to be you when you come to work – so you can contribute and feel at your best – and we want you to leave work to participate in and enjoy all your unique interests so you can come back to work rejuvenated and passionate to leave an impact.
What’s in it for you?
At The Planning Center, you’ll be part of a multi-generational team with a collaborative & entrepreneurial mindset that is focused on changing the way our clients make decisions on Life and Money. We strive to maintain a forward-looking focus with our clients and colleagues alike. We value work/life balance. You can have an impact on families around the country, at a firm that embraces our fiduciary responsibility to clients, AND build a life and career that you can be proud of. We also provide a competitive salary and benefits package.
Who We Are
Life + Money = It’s Complicated. The Planning Center is a fee-only financial planning firm that provides a safe place for their clients to discuss what matters most to them and their family. Our goal is to help people make better decisions as they navigate life’s transitions and guide them toward the life they want. We have 7 locations within the U.S. and are continuing to expand our office and client footprint. As a mid-size privately owned company, we value diverse perspectives, entrepreneurial thinking, and above all a commitment to always act in our client’s best interests.
What You’ll Do
Planning prep and implementation are integral parts of our financial planning services. We have 13 CFPs leading our financial planning department, three CPA/EAs, leading our tax team and our practice is growing. To support our current clients and prepare us for future growth, we are looking for a motivated, self-driven collaborator and engaged professional to join our team. You will be servicing the clients of multiple Lead Advisors at the firm in a mostly non-client facing operational/support role to aid in higher level financial planning functions. This is not a secretarial position. And we want you to help build this new department.
Your responsibilities will include:
- Assist lead planners in client meeting prep and follow up through:
- Task management in Salesforce.
- Document management using Worldox, ShareFile, Dropbox and eFax.
- Creating, editing and updating Mind Maps/Agendas.
- Gather information and enter data using web-based software including, but not limited to:
- First Step Cash Management.
- Money Guide Pro.
- Orion/ E*Trade Advisor Services/Schwab/multiple state 529 programs.
- Assist planners in coordinating calendars and any necessary scheduling of client meetings using traditional and web-based platforms such as Calendly, Zoom and Slack.
- Be willing to help as needed on all custodial paperwork needed for client’s accounts.
- We currently custody at Schwab and E*Trade Advisor Services.
- Work as a team with operations department to assist where needed on all other operational duties which could include but is not limited to:
- Assisting with quarterly and new client billing.
- Daily and weekly trading.
- Outside investment analysis and implementation (FeeX/Morningstar).
- Building and generating reports for multiple locations strategic and tactical goal-based planning.
- Participate in company workgroups and committees as assigned.
What you’ll need:
- Ideally, you hold the Registered Paraplanner designation or you would be willing to start working on the designation for this position. You could be a CFP or working towards it, but you do not want it to help you eventually be a lead planner/relationship manager – you want it so you can have more knowledge in the planning work you’re excited to do in a non-client facing role.
- Bachelor’s degree
Skills you’ll have:
- Strong communication skills and etiquette in client-facing interactions, with industry professionals and company colleagues.
- Strong organizational and analytical skills.
- Data entry mastery utilizing CRMs, Adobe and Microsoft Outlook and Office suites for both PC and Mac.
- Knowledge of office procedures and policies.
Other Talents/Personal Attributes:
- Serve as a leader with vision and a team collaborator to create this new position/department.
- Demonstrate a clear understanding and adoption of company’s culture.
What you can expect (Physical Demands/Working Conditions):
- Physical Demands: Sufficient mobility in an office setting, stand or sit for prolonged periods of time; operate office equipment including the use of a computer keyboard and remote technology (ie Zoom and Slack).
- Vision: See in the normal visual range with or without correction; vision sufficient to read computer screens and printed documents.
- Hearing: Hear in the normal audio range with or without correction.
- Work environment: Standard office setting; exposure to computer screens. The noise level in the work environment is usually moderate.
- Physical/Virtual Office: Be able to best assist clients and planners in a physical office, but also be willing and able to support one or two more offices with a few more advisors in a virtual setting.
- Travel: Occasionally for training and cross-collaboration and for yearly company meetings. ~5-10%
What you’ll be using:
- Desktop computer with a Windows-based environment. Software includes Microsoft Office Suite, Salesforce and other specialized software.
If you think you’re the perfect person to help us take our vision to the next level and you’re excited to start, please send a resume and cover letter to email@example.com. We look forward to meeting you!
Now Hiring a Tax Advisor!
Who We Are
Life + Money = It’s Complicated. The Planning Center is a fee-only financial planning firm that provides a safe place for their clients to discuss what matters most to them and their family. Our goal is to help people make better decisions as they navigate life’s transitions and guide them toward the life they want. We have 6 locations within the U.S. and are continuing to expand our office and client footprint. As a mid-size privately owned company, we value diverse perspectives, entrepreneurial thinking, and above all a commitment to always act in our client’s best interests.
What You’ll Do
Tax planning and return preparation are an integral part of our financial planning services. We have three CPA/EA’s leading our tax team and our tax practice is growing. To support our current tax clients and prepare us for future growth, we are looking for a tax professional to join our team. Your responsibilities will include:
- Detailed review of tax returns and communication with initial tax preparers.
- Initial tax preparation of higher complexity tax returns.
- Perform tax law research as needed to support the team.
- Develop towards becoming a tax return signer within three years, becoming the lead tax professional for many clients.
- Collaborate extensively with our tax team to best serve our clients.
- Communicate directly with clients as part of the tax planning and preparation process.
- Engage in professional development to maintain licensure and to stay current with our ever-changing tax laws.
What You Need
- CPA or EA license
- 5+ years of tax preparation experience
- Proficiency with technology in a paperless tax preparation environment
- Strong interpersonal skills to lead client facing services
- Accounting Bachelor’s degree or higher
- Masters degree is desired but not required
What’s In It For You
At The Planning Center, you’ll be part of a multi-generational team with a collective entrepreneurial mindset that is focused on changing the way our clients make decisions on Life and Money. You will have the unique opportunity to interact with the clients and staff of the firm in support of our mission. We also provide a competitive salary and benefits package as well as encouragement and support of your life outside of work.
To apply for this position, please send a resume and cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org.
At The Planning Center, you’ll be part of an ambitious, talented team. It’s an exciting and fulfilling work environment. You’ll have the opportunity to positively impact people’s lives.
Even if we are not actively hiring, we are always happy to learn about candidates with superior skills. If you would like to apply, please provide your resume in the body of an email or supply a link to your resume and send to email@example.com.