Now Hiring a Tax Advisor!
Who We Are
Life + Money = It’s Complicated. The Planning Center is a fee-only financial planning firm that provides a safe place for their clients to discuss what matters most to them and their family. Our goal is to help people make better decisions as they navigate life’s transitions and guide them toward the life they want. We have 6 locations within the U.S. and are continuing to expand our office and client footprint. As a mid-size privately owned company, we value diverse perspectives, entrepreneurial thinking, and above all a commitment to always act in our client’s best interests.
What You’ll Do
Tax planning and return preparation are an integral part of our financial planning services. We have three CPA/EA’s leading our tax team and our tax practice is growing. To support our current tax clients and prepare us for future growth, we are looking for a tax professional to join our team. Your responsibilities will include:
- Detailed review of tax returns and communication with initial tax preparers.
- Initial tax preparation of higher complexity tax returns.
- Perform tax law research as needed to support the team.
- Develop towards becoming a tax return signer within three years, becoming the lead tax professional for many clients.
- Collaborate extensively with our tax team to best serve our clients.
- Communicate directly with clients as part of the tax planning and preparation process.
- Engage in professional development to maintain licensure and to stay current with our ever-changing tax laws.
What You Need
- CPA or EA license
- 5+ years of tax preparation experience
- Proficiency with technology in a paperless tax preparation environment
- Strong interpersonal skills to lead client facing services
- Accounting Bachelor’s degree or higher
- Masters degree is desired but not required
What’s In It For You
At The Planning Center, you’ll be part of a multi-generational team with a collective entrepreneurial mindset that is focused on changing the way our clients make decisions on Life and Money. You will have the unique opportunity to interact with the clients and staff of the firm in support of our mission. We also provide a competitive salary and benefits package as well as encouragement and support of your life outside of work.
To apply for this position, please send a resume and cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org.
At The Planning Center, you’ll be part of an ambitious, talented team. It’s an exciting and fulfilling work environment. You’ll have the opportunity to positively impact people’s lives.
Even if we are not actively hiring, we are always happy to learn about candidates with superior skills. If you would like to apply, please provide your resume in the body of an email or supply a link to your resume and send to email@example.com.