Tax Analyst – Moline, IL
Who We Are
The Planning Center is a fee-only financial planning firm that provides a safe place for their clients to discuss what matters most to them and their family. Our goal is to help people make better decisions as they navigate life’s transitions and guide them toward the life they want. We have 7 locations within the U.S. and are continuing to expand our office and client footprint. As a mid-size privately owned company, we value diverse perspectives, entrepreneurial thinking, and above all, a commitment to always act in our client’s best interests.
Tax planning and return preparation are an integral part of our financial planning services. We’re looking for a tax professional to join our team who can focus on tax matters for our clients throughout the year. A great team member will work collaboratively with our families and planners, focused on good outcomes and happy clients. Our unique model allows our tax team to have the conversations year-round with our client families that lead to informed choices and better results when filing time comes around.
What’s in it for you?
At The Planning Center, you’ll be part of team with a collaborative, entrepreneurial mindset that is focused on changing the way our clients make decisions about life and money. We strive to enrich the lives of the families we impact and are active in the communities in which we serve.
You’ll benefit from our culture of continuous learning and will have the opportunity to work with a team of experienced CPAs that will mentor you and help you grow. We value work/life balance with flexible work schedules and a supportive work environment. In addition, we offer a competitive salary and benefits package.
What You’ll Do
Your responsibilities will include:
- Initial tax return preparation of primarily 1040 tax returns of varying complexity as well as some 1041, 1120-S, 1065, and 1120 tax returns.
- Collaborate extensively with our tax team to best serve our clients.
- Assist with tax research and other projects.
- Engage in professional development to expand your knowledge and stay current with our ever-changing tax laws.
- Work towards CPA or EA licensure.
- Collaborate with our compliance, finance, and operations teams.
What You Need
- Bachelor’s and/or Master’s Degree(s) in Accounting
- Proficiency with technology for a paperless tax preparation environment
- Strong interpersonal skills
- High professional integrity
- Attention to detail