Senior Tax Analyst – Chicago, IL
What if tax season could be less taxing?
Enjoy tax work, but hate the hours that tax season brings? Happy to see the families you serve when they come in, but wish there was time to help them make choices in advance rather than reacting to choices already made? Glad to see 4/15 come around but dreading the audit, bookkeeping, and other work that your firm will inevitably bounce your way?
Who We Are
The Planning Center is a fee-only financial planning firm that provides a safe place for their clients to discuss what matters most to them and their family. Our goal is to help people make better decisions as they navigate life’s transitions and guide them toward the life they want. We have six locations within the U.S. and are continuing to expand our office and client footprint. As a mid-size privately owned company, we value diverse perspectives, entrepreneurial thinking, and above all, a commitment to always act in our client’s best interests.
Tax planning and return preparation are an integral part of our financial planning services. We’re looking for a tax professional to join our team who can focus on tax matters for our clients throughout the year. A great team member will work collaboratively with our families and planners, focused on good outcomes and happy clients. Our unique model allows our tax team to have the conversations year-round with our client families that lead to informed choices and better results when filing time comes around.
What’s in it for you?
At The Planning Center, you’ll be part of our team with a collaborative, entrepreneurial mindset that is focused on changing the way our clients make decisions about life and money. We strive to maintain a forward-looking focus on our tax services. We value work/life balance. You can have a life during tax season and impact families around the country by joining a firm that embraces our fiduciary responsibility to clients and encourages you to build a life and career that you are proud of. In addition, we provide a competitive salary and benefits package
What You’ll Do
Your responsibilities will include:
- Lead the tax service relationship for many of our clients;
- Detailed review of tax returns and communication with initial tax preparers;
- Perform tax law research as needed to support the team;
- Collaborate extensively with our tax team and financial planners to best serve our clients;
- Engage in professional development to expand your knowledge and stay current with our ever-changing tax laws.
What You Need
- CPA or EA license
- Bachelor’s degree in Accounting
- Master’s degree desired but not required
- 5+ years of tax preparation experience
- Proficiency with technology in a paperless tax preparation environment
- Strong interpersonal skills to lead client facing services
- High professional integrity
- Attention to detail
If you would like to apply, please email your resume to firstname.lastname@example.org.